Monday, January 4, 2010

Break up sinus congestion with fermented tonics!

Just wanted to pass along a couple of home remedies that use the fermented tonics, kombucha and water kefir.


Kombucha Tea: During cold season I will keep some kombucha tea in the refrigerator with a 1 inch hunk each of ginger and horseradish roots steeping in it. These will stay fresh in the tea for about 7-10 days, then they should be replaced with new pieces. When I'm ready for my tonic I pour out some kombucha tea,add a generous squeeze of lemon, a little olive oil and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. It seems better to sip it slowly to let it do its work.

Water Kefir: I pour out some water kefir, add a generous squeeze of lemon and stir in 1/4 teaspoon of Vitamin C powder and sip it slowly.

Water can be added to both of these tonics if they are too intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment